Testing Kit Information
First of all we would like to thank you for your order and for helping us to protect the general public and the NHS against the coronavirus. In the forthcoming days a member of our team will be in touch to inform you of the expected delivery date for your testing kits. Please note, these tests are for professional use only and are not to be used for home testing. We envisage that you will receive your testing kits 3 weeks after your order date, however, if there are any delays due to unforeseen circumstances we will inform you at the earliest instance. In preparation of you receiving your testing kits you will find below a list of points for you to familiarise yourself with beforehand. These points will give you a good understanding of how to administer the test and what measures you need to take in preparation for them.
- Once you receive your testing kits in the post you must call our Customer Services team on 0208 9355004 to confirm you have received your order.
- During this phone call the advisor will explain to you how to successfully conduct the tests while maintaining social distancing. The advisor will give you recommendations on how to do this effectively.
- The advisor will explain to you how to administer the test correctly. They will explain the following steps.
- You will need to give each employee a protective mask.
- You will need to ask your employee to wash their hands with the soap provided.
- You will need to ask your employee to massage their index finger.
- You will need to give your employee the lancet to place against their finger, which they will use to prick the finger.
- You will need to give your employee a cotton pad to wipe away the first drop of blood.
- You will need to explain to your employee that they will use the dropper to collect a few droplets of blood.
- You will explain to your employee that they will need to transfer the blood onto the test cassette and provide your employee with an alcoholic wipe and a plaster for their finger.
- You will explain to your employee to take a seat away from the testing area while waiting for the results. Please note results can take up to 15 minutes to appear, although, usually it is a lot quicker.
- You will provide your employee with paperwork for the test. If your employee tests positive for the IgM and/or IgG antibodies you must contact us on 0208 9355004 so we can explain to you what to do next.
- You must dispose of the testing kits in a sharps bin. Alternatively, these can be sent back to ourselves and we will dispose of them accordingly.
Please note, you must inform us of all results regardless if they are positive or negative. We may have to report your employees’ test results to the relevant authorities if deemed necessary. Therefore, we ask your permission to retain their personal details should the government request results. Please be assured that personal details will be kept safe in line with GDPR.
A member of our office team will contact you the following day to conduct a post-test consultation to answer any questions you may have and provide you with further guidance.