Workplace Testing Information
First of all we would like to thank you for your order and for helping us to protect the general public and the NHS against the coronavirus. In the forthcoming days a member of our team will be in touch to inform you of your workplace test date. This will be dependent upon when our Healthcare Professional is next scheduled to be operating within your area. We envisage this to be approximately 3 weeks from your order date, however, if there are any delays due to unforeseen circumstances we will inform you at the earliest instance. In preparation for your workplace testing day you will find below a list of points for you to familiarise yourself with beforehand. These points will give you a good understanding of what to expect on the day and what measures you need to take in preparation for the workplace tests.
- On the day of your workplace test the Healthcare Professional will call you to inform you of their arrival. If for any reason they cannot get hold of you, they will come to your workplace ensuring social distancing is maintained. The Healthcare Professional will come to your workplace wearing Personal Protective Equipment, including a mask, gloves and an apron. Please note, you are responsible for implementing a social distancing strategy with your employees during the workplace testing session.
- Please ensure the Healthcare Professional has a clean and sterile area to conduct the tests. The Healthcare Professional will require a table and 2 chairs. The Healthcare Professional can be positioned in a separate room to administer the tests or if you work from an open office please ensure the testing area is at least 5 metres away from anyone else.
- Please ensure you have a list of all employees who are required to be tested. The Healthcare Professional will test employees in the order that you provide.
- For each employee the Healthcare Professional will provide them with a mask.
- They will ask your employee to wash their hands with the soap provided.
- They will ask your employee to massage their index finger.
- They will give your employee the lancet to place against the finger, which they will use to prick their finger.
- They will give your employee a cotton pad to wipe away the first drop of blood.
- They will use a dropper to collect a few droplets of blood.
- They will transfer the blood onto the test cassette and provide your employee with an alcoholic wipe and a plaster for their finger.
- The Healthcare Professional will then ask your employee to take a seat away from the testing area while waiting for the results. Please note results can take up to 15 minutes to appear, although, usually it is a lot quicker.
- They will provide your employee and yourself with paperwork for the test. If your employee tests positive for the IgM and/or IgG antibodies they will explain to your employee what to do next.
- They will take all used kits and dispose of them along with the masks used.
Please note, we may have to report your employees’ test results to the relevant authorities if deemed necessary. Therefore, we ask your permission to retain their personal details should the government request results. Please be assured that personal details will be kept safe in line with GDPR.
A member of our office team will contact you the following day to conduct a post-test consultation to answer any questions you may have.